Copenhagen Police reminds users of electric scooters about the rules after several people were charged with various violations on electric scooters on Wednesday.
On Wednesday, a police patrol focused on electric scooters and, as a result, fined five individuals for riding without a mandatory helmet, three for lacking lights on their electric scooters, one for missing reflectors, and one for using a handheld mobile phone while driving. In all cases, the individuals received fines.
The rules for electric scooters are as follows:
- It is mandatory to wear a bicycle helmet.
- You must be at least 15 years old to ride.
- If you are under 15 years old, you must be accompanied by an adult.
- Only one person is allowed on the scooter.
- The speed limit is 20 km/h (approximately 12 mph).
- You must follow the rules applicable to bicycles.
- You must have lights on at all times.
- The blood alcohol concentration limit is 0.5.
Source: Politi og Rådet for Sikker Trafik